Saturday, August 28, 2010

Armenian Wedding...


This summer has been packed with weddings of all kinds for us to attend. In August I went to my first Armenian wedding. This wedding tended to be more extravagant than others. It was held in a castle by a lake just outside Brussels. They have their own traditions and customs. Their dances were diffent than any of the Arabic traditional dances that I have seen. To my surpise, I was very entertained by the various styles of music. When I see Eastern music being played, it is rarely played by people who understand music...how to read it and play it. The music is normally produced by a programmed keyboard and the push of a button. Here in this photo is a picture of a man who played the saxophone, clarinet and various traditional flutes. It was a nice musical treat for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment